MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

June 3, 2011

Thank you for Serving!

This week we were asked to create something for Memorial Day. Being a military family this isn't just about ringing in summer with bbq's but being thankful for those who gave us the freedom to be able to do so. I wanted to take this opportunity to personally thank one of my heroes, my sister. She not only is a great sister, mom, aunt, she is also a member of the USAF and has been serving for 16 years now. I'm so proud of all of her accomplishments, and am thankful that she is willing to serve for our country....so onto the project....
I gathered my papers, which were from the DCWV Nantucket Stack (I love this stack am going to have to buy another one!), my paper cutter, faulty ruler (ask Jen), some buttons and my gypsy.
I used George & Basic Shapes to cut the star at 4 in.
I cut "Thank You" from Calligraphy at 1.25 in, and I welded for serving from Calligraphy and cut it at 2 in.
For the base of the card I cut a 6x12 in the blue plaid, and another 6x6 in plaid.
The red frame is a 5x5in cut from DCWV Neutrals stack.
I decided to make this an easel card, so I folded the 6x12 in half, and then folded one side in half again. I then assembled the front of the card before gluing it to the base.
I inked all edges of the plaid, red and the star with Navy blue ink to cover the white edges, and to blend the pieces together a bit. I centered the star on the red mat, and then centered that on my 6x6 plaid front.
The words were a bit to bright as plain white, so I took a sandy colored ink stamper and smudged it just enough to give it an off color. Once these were all glued into place I took a wooden button and threaded it with embordiery floss.
On the base I added another red frame, and the "for serving" wording. I used two wooden star buttons, with blue buttons in order to hold the easel into place.
So there is my card, simple, but filled with pride in the one I'm sending it too.

*recipe*
DCWV Nantucket and Neutral stack, and white paper
Cricut cartridges calligraphy and george& basic shapes
wooden star shaped buttons, blue buttons
embordiery thread or baker's twine!
sand colored and navy blue colored ink
pop dots for the star on the center.
Thank you for all of those who have served and are serving. Your sacrifice is greatly appreciated.

3 comments:

Suzanne cricutcraftingrammyblogspot.com said...

Love your card for your awesome sister. Easel cards are one of my favorites and love the paper you used and the wood buttons.

Melody said...

Beautiful easel card! I haven't made one before but you make it look so easy!

Suzanne cricutcraftingrammyblogspot.com said...

Went by M's and grabbed the Nantucket stack after seeing your post. Thanks

Post a Comment