MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

August 13, 2011

Back to School!

Hi Eeveryone!!  This is Liza from Hoo's
Crafty
, I'm glad to be back at SSD for another Design Team Challenge. 
This week is Back to School week.  While I have been very busy with school
shopping and helping out with some of the teachers' bulletin boards, the month
of August is all about "back to school" for us.

As always, I like to remind the kids that going back to school is a FUN time, so
let's decorate the house up a little.   Another front door
hanger!  They are great to make, I can show off to the whole street and the
kids just love it.


Can you guess what I made??



Here's the mat all prepped to cut out the pencil from Locker Talk.  I do
not use my Gypsy as much as I should.  But I do lay out my paper and cut
the images all at once.   I wasn't sure the size to cut, as you know
the Cricut measures HEIGHT, so I knew I wanted a 5.5" long pencil.  To
figure this out.  Select FIT TO LENGTH, select 5.5", select the pencil
button and hit OK.   This tells me to cut it out at 2.5"

Pencil cut = 2.5"




Here's another set up mat with papers.   This time I cut the globe
from Locker Talk.  I chose the size 4.25" and cut all its layers, as well
as a black out for extra stability.

Globe cut = 4.25"



Here are some cuts I made with George Basic Shapes.  I have three rounded
edge rectangles.  The Kraft cardstock is cut at 11.5" (used FIT TO PAGE),
the white is cut 9.5" SHADOW, and the blackboard patterned paper is cut at
9.5".   Can you start to see what it is we are making today??




Here is is!  All put together.  I made this school themed chalkboard
to hang on my front door.   I adhered the rectangles together with
Scotch foam tape to add some dimension.   I also inked all the edges
with brown Studio G inkspots.



I used Recollection, The Paper Studio, Core'dinations and DCWV paper and
cardstock.

The number were cut from CUTTIN' UP at 3".  I used the SHADOW feature to
make them a bit thicker.   The "+" and "=" were cut from Plantin
Schoolbook at 3" also.

I added some yellow striped ribbon OFFRAY to the back.

Thanks for visiting SweetSassyDiva this week, hope you enjoy all the Back to
School projects!







3 comments:

Suzanne cricutcraftingrammyblogspot.com said...

Very cute Liza. I love that it looks like a chalkboard.

Kim Ricketts said...

super cute! That will be so cute hanging on the door!

~Kim

Emily said...

Liza, this is so cute! You did a wonderful job! I like that little globe!

Post a Comment