MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

October 2, 2011

BOO!

Hi ~ Lori here from ScrappinMyStressAway with a Halloween Banner.  I created this banner for the Art Philosophy theme at Sweet Sassy Diva's today.  I made this banner for my friend to put on her front door.   She wanted more cute than scary.
I started with paper from this K&Co. Halloween paper pad.  It is double sided paper ~ love this!!
I opened up my Art Philosophy Cartridge on my gyspy and put three banner triangles and borders on my mat sized to 5.42 inches tall.  Since the paper is double sided, I just crammed all six pieces onto the mat and flipped one triangle and one banner.
I cut them out and adhered the borders to the top of each banner piece.
I sized the word BOO from Art Philosophy at 2.54 inches tall.
I cut out the shadow layer in black cardstock and the top layer with black glitter paper from the paper pad.  I used orange stickles in the cut outs.
I put four roses on my mat at 4.76 inches tall and cut them out.
This is how these 3D flowers cut out.
You wind them up from the outside in.  It works great if you have a quilling tool.  If not, you can use a skewer or rattail comb.  Once you wind the flower up, slide out your tool and let the center unwind just a bit.  Use some liquid glue to adhere the flower to the circle (base) in the center.  Above you can see the difference in color depending on which way you roll up the double sided paper.
I took black stickles and painted the edges with a foam brush.
I adhered the letter and flower to each banner piece.
I cut out the spider from October 31st at 4.29 inches tall.
I cut out the witch shoe from Happy Hauntings at 4.01 inches tall.
The cat is from Happy Hauntings sized at 9.58 inches tall (4.25 inches when using Real Size) and the witch is also from Happy Hauntings sized at 8.82 inches tall (4.84 inches when using Real Size).
I used green glittery ribbon (found at Michaels) to string my banner together.  I love it and I hope you do too!!  Thanks for having me on your blog today Bobbi Jo!



If you would like to order the cricut cartridge or this stamp set, please send an email to Click Here! and I will send you an invite to my CTMH party.

8 comments:

Jessica Buffa said...

A+ on the banner! LOVE IT! So much detail and time. Your friend will surely love it!
:o)
Jessica

Suzanne cricutcraftingrammyblogspot.com said...

Love the banner and those flowers from Art Philosophy are gorgeous.

Kim Ricketts said...

very cute banner!!! I can't wait to make some flowers with my cartridge!

Kim :)

MelodyR aka Ry&MysMom said...

What a cute banner! I just bought this paper stack from Michaels and I can't wait to use it! Thanks for sharing!

Hrvatica said...

This banner is too cute! Your friend is lucky.

Liz said...

cute banner but those flowers look so difficult to make. Yours are beautiful!

Lisa M. Lam said...

Too cute!

Lisa M. Lam said...

too cute!

Post a Comment