MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

December 4, 2011

Custom Wreath!

This week at Sweet Sassy Diva the Design Team was to create a  "Hostess
Gift".   I am sure we would all like some great gift ideas for friends and
family we visit or who host parties we attend.     My husband and I
spent a few days with his cousins during the Thanksgiving week and I made this
for the relatives  we stayed with.    I will be honest I loved
this so much when I finished that I would have kept it if it was the right
letter.  I  will definitely be making myself one and making some more
of these for gifts.  Cost for letter and ribbon  (50% off) was around
$5.  
The letter I used I got at Michaels and it is 9 inches tall and was in the $3
range.  I have seen other craft stores with letters that are larger and
different shapes.   I didn't want the white color so used a gold and brown
Adirondack Paint dabbers to cover the white.  That way the bright white
would not show through.
I used the spiral flower scalloped flower from Art Philosophy page 93.  I
used double sided Christmas paper and cut the flower at 4 inches and filled the
page which made 9 on each page.  I did 5 different prints so had enough for
45 flowers.  It is best to use a new or very sticky mat for this so the
spirals do not get torn.  I then rolled each spiral with my Provo Craft
Quilling tool.
 I glued the flowers with a glue gun. 
I twisted them so both sides of the double sided paper would show on different
flowers.  
I began gluing the flowers at the top pushing them close together to not leave
wide gaps.  
Here is a closeup of the letter.  
The ribbon I used was this felted cut out ribbon I got at Michaels.  It
comes in red, cream and green.
Once I looped the ribbon around the top I tied a bow.  Then I used Tacky
glue to glue the ribbon together right above the letter so it wouldn't slide.
 I also glued the top of the bow to keep it in place and added an extra
flower to the bow.  
Here is a closeup of the flowers.  I did not ink the edge but  you
could.
Hope you enjoyed this tutorial and project.  Please come back all week and
see what the other Design team members have come up with for "Hostess Gifts".

6 comments:

DIANA L. said...

This is so nice I love the flowers very cheerful and what a great gift idea.
DIANA L.
http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com/

Shawnee said...

Beautiful project. It is the perfect hostess gift.

Brenda said...

This is so beautiful Suzanne! I love how you took a wooden letter and just altered it with the roses! So pretty and femine!!

Dana's Crafty Corner said...

very beautiful.

Dana
Danascraftycorner.blogspot.com

Cards and Crafts by Sheree said...

gorgeous...

Lori said...

SO pretty!

Post a Comment