MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

December 13, 2011

String 'em Up!

I love to make, send and receive Christmas cards! Usually I just hang a red yarn string on my wall and hang them on that. I saw an idea a few months ago that I kept stashed in my attic(mind) for a great project to make! Its not just like the one I saw but its my own version. I was so excited to start it! I know exactally how I wanted it to look and I think it turned out better. I sifted though my paper to find the perfect vintage looking Christmas sheets and then got on with the show!
I cut out my tags
Cut out my layers
Cut out my 'Merry Christmas'
Inked my edges and started layering
Added my letters and snowflakes
Decided I wanted shadows for my letters
Inked my edges and added bling!
Added big bling to my snowflakes
Used my new Tim Holtz alcohol inks to color my paper clips
Pigment inked my clothes pins
Glued it all together and strung up my new stringer :D
You can see where I added the paper clips so that I can hang more cards from strings if need be.
And now for the moment you all have(n't) been waiting for! A pictures of my super not so secret anymore 2011 Christmas card, card, card, card.....(I added the echo for dramatic effect)

TA DAH! :D
~*Recipe for Christmas Card holder*~
~*DCWV paper from last years Christmas super stack
~*Core'dinations card stock in white, red and green
~*Cricut Cartridges Winter Lace, Lacey Labels and Old West
~*Red Tim Holtz alcohol ink
~*Paper clips and clothes pins
~*Red pigment ink

6 comments:

Suzanne cricutcraftingrammyblogspot.com said...

What a great idea. I love this!

Jennifer said...

Jen,

Our mantle isn't built yet, so I was just wondering how I should display our cards this year. What a great idea!!! :) And your Christmas card is BEAUTIFUL! I love it! How many did you need to make?

Thanks so much for sharing,

Jennifer
partridgelu at yahoo dot com

mary said...

Love this idea and your beautiful Christmas Card..especially the non- traditional colors! Beautiful!

JenL said...

What an awesome idea!! TFS

Turnedgypsy said...

I like it...have never used those inks either..

mcwooten1999@carolina.rr.com
Chris
http://turnedgypsy.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

I love this idea!
Hmmm, do you mind if i scraplift?
LeAnn

Post a Comment