MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

January 15, 2012

It's time to Celebrate!

Hello Sweet Sassy Diva bloggers Suzanne here!  This week for the Design Team Challenge we were to design a card using the sketch below.  I decided to make a card for my son in law since he has a special birthday coming up. I usually make him something related to baseball since he loves baseball but wanted to do something different this year.  Here is the completed card. Sorry the colors are so strange.  I am having a little trouble with my new camera and may have to take it back.  
Here is the sketch.  
Here is a closeup.
The paper I used was DCWV Tattered Times mat stack.  I inked all the edges with Tim Holtz Distressed Ink Rusty Hinge.  
The card is made from Kraft Paper 8 1/2 x 11 folded in 1/2.  
I then cut another piece at  51/4 x 8 to glue the pieces to.  
1,I used two different pieces.  The piece at the top was cut in 2 pieces 2" x 5 1/4".  The bottom piece was cut at 1/2", 1", 1/2" and 1 1/2 " x 5 1/4". 
2.  I then glued the pieces leaving a small space between each cut. 
3, and 4.  I decided that wasn't exactly what I  wanted so I cut thin ribbon of cream and 2 colors of brown and wrapped it around backing piece.  
5. I cut out two pieces from Elegant Edges.  One 21/4"  x 11/2" for birthday stamp
I also cut the same shape at 3" x 4" and 3 1/4 " x 4 1/4 "  and pop dotted this piece once glued together.
I used Tim Holtz Chipboard letters and inked them with Tim Holtz Rusty Hinge Distressed Ink.  
Quick and easy  but I like the Vintage look.  Please join us this week to see what all the Design Team members do with this sketch.  
if you haven't checked out the Blitsy site, you are missing some great crafting deals! It's free to take a peek and never a fee! :D Click here!

2 comments:

Brenda said...

Love, love your take on the sketch Suzanne! Your card is so manly and for me those are hard to do. lol I love the colors and the gear paper, love the shapes you used too!!

Lady Fair said...

Love this vintage card, very masculine. Love the rough look of the number 30. Thanks for sharing! lflinesatcomcastdotnet

Post a Comment