MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

February 11, 2012

With Love!

This week we were asked to make a Vintage type valentine. I love the vintage look, and am working on trying to make it more often. I still have trouble with the layers at times...but will only get better with practice.
I started with a 5 1/2 by 6 in base for my card...in natural (looks like cardboard) paper. I used paper from color bok that looked like old fashioned wall paper. The first layer is a basic rectangle cut from George & Basic shapes. The second layer is a square also cut with George, then I used scalloped scissors to go around the edges. There is also tags this way on different cartridges...I was just in a mood to play with my "toys". The third layer is a large scallopped flower cut from Paisley...then a lace doily on top of that. On top of the doily is another flower cut from Paisley with a cardboard center cut from my 1 in. punch. I topped off the card with corrogated cardboard and a wooden button with some shiny thread...used a "With Love" stamp...and called it a Valentine. Some of the details of the layers....I used a light brown ink to distress the doily so that it aged the appearance. I also used a dark brown ink on the edges of the large scallop flower, the small flower and on the creases of the cardboard. I stamped the sentiment in black. I love the look of all of the papers together. I am a creature of habit that uses a plain with a matching print...so to mix and match this way is always a challenge. I hope that you like this one.

*ingredients* plain cardboard brown cardstock, colorbock paper paper lace doily cardboard wooden button embordiery thread a With Love stamp distress ink, rich cocoa brown ink, black ink George and Paisley cartridges

Angie

4 comments:

Liz said...

very pretty - I'm afraid of vintage myself LOL

http://tryin2craft.blogspot.com

bird said...

Very beautiful card.

Suzanne cricutcraftingrammyblogspot.com said...

Great card Angie.

Brenda said...

Beautiful, just beautiful! I think you have it down!!

Post a Comment