MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

February 17, 2012

XOXO Door Hanger!

Hello ~ Lori here from ScrappinMyStressAway.  This week at SweetSassyDiva's the theme is "Not a Card or Layout" so I decided to finish a project I started earlier.  I saw something similar several months back and created a file in my Gypsy right away (so I did not forget) and never even did a test cut!  I was thinking this would be cute for Valentine's Day.


I started with this box from Tags, Bags, Boxes and More and welded this layer of an ornament from Christmas.  The box is sized at 10.90w x 6.88h and the layer of an ornament is sized at 4.81w x 29.12h.

On a side note, the layer of the ornament can be used as a wine bottle tag!

I cut out my box in red card stock.

I scored and creased on the fold marks and used my ATG to adhere it together. 

I found an image from my Holiday Vignettes program and printed it out on white cardstock.  I cut it out.

I had to guess at the size of the image and it turned out pretty well!


I wanted to put a doily behind the image, so I opened up Lacy Labels and found an oval shaped doily.  I rotated it 90 degrees and sized it to fit the front of the box (4.91w x 3.47h).

I grabbed the "XOXO" from Sentimentals and sized it to 2.74w x 1.12h.

I cut both out of cream colored card stock.

I inked them both with Antique Linen ink to age them.

I wrapped some wide brown ribbon around the middle of the box and adhered the doily to the box.  I pop-dotted the image to the doily.  Now I just have to wait for my Valentines to be delivered!!!


-- Lori~ www.scrappinmystressaway.blogspot.com

4 comments:

Suzanne cricutcraftingrammyblogspot.com said...

This is so cute. Love you made the little pocket box hangar and love the vintage image. Great project.

Brenda said...

Oh I love this Lori!!! What a clever way to make a pocket door hangar!! I am so loving that cd of yours too!! lol

Anonymous said...

super cute!

Mrs. Green said...

Very pretty!

Post a Comment