MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

March 22, 2012

Sea World!

This week, our theme at Sweet Sassy Diva's is this sketch challenge.  This is Lori from ScrappinMyStressAway and I created my layout with some photos of our recent trip to Sea World.  I couldn't decide between Sea World and Dr. Seuss.....
I reversed the sketch and used only a few Cricut cuts this time.  My Gypsy will not cut welded images right now which is very hard for me!!!    I weld almost everything!!!  My E2 was getting updated all day (currently still updating at the time I write this) and I had to unpack my Expression to cut out my images.  To say this layout was challenging would be correct!!!

I used some paper from my new DCWV Paper Pad ~ The Snapshot Stack.  I thought this was fitting as I took a ton of photos at Sea World!

I grouped my cuts for both layouts on one Layer of my Gypsy.  I used Hello Kitty Font for my title and cut out the letters at 1.27 inches.

I cut the whales out from Life is a Beach at 1.82 inches.

I cut out my titles in red cardstock.  I cut the whales out of white and black cardstock.  I cut a little design into the black whale so the white "spots" showed.

I lined up my words where I wanted them to be on my Gypsy so I can use the template to adhere them to my layout.

Perfectly centered and straight every time!!

Here is one of the whales and my journaling tag.  This tag was from a KandCo set.  There was an orange detail that did not match, so I covered it up with the black and white ribbon.

Here is Shamu!  I trimmed a photo from the Shamu Show to the same size as......

Tanner with Shamu!

Sea World was a great time!  I loved the shows and feeding the dolphins!  I hope to return one day!
Thanks for having me on your blog today Bobbi Jo!!!

3 comments:

bird said...

Very cute layout and the colors are so cheerful. I cant wait to use your sketch and do a layout with it.

Suzanne cricutcraftingrammyblogspot.com said...

Very cute! Love the Hello Kitty Font for the title. I use your idea to keep the outside cut to line up stuff all the time. It's a great tip!

Brenda said...

Wonderful lo Lori!! I am so loving the colors you used and the font is perfect!! Your whales look awesome and I love how you made them match Shamu!! I also loved that you fliped the sketch, looks awesome!! I sure hope you soon have answers for all your problems with your Gypsy and I hope that your E2 updates for you!!!

Post a Comment