MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

June 19, 2012

Spring Cottage!

Hi my crafty friends, Brenda here from Friends Craftin' with Friends.  This week on Sweet Sassy Diva our projects are to be centered around "strawberry fields", so anything to do with strawberries!!  One of my favorite fruits, ok I love all fruits, but strawberries are right on the top of my fruit list. lol  I just recently and by recently I mean a few weeks back, got the Spring Cottage Cricut cart. OMGosh do I ever love this cart!! lol  And one of the cuts on there is a cute 3D strawberry favor.  Then there is a cute little strawberry basket, OMGosh they are too cute.  So guess what my project is today???  If you said the berry and basket you would be right! lol  I made the little basket and two strawberries for inside the basket for a favor.  Now I just need to make lots more. lol  But they are quick and easy, so let me show you how to make the berries.

First I started picking my sizes in my Gypsy.  Here are all the layers.  I did do some test cuts on the berries to see what size that I wanted them to be.




I picked my papers, I did a plain red berry, a red poka pot paper from the new SU catalog, green leaf caps from a Cricut Earthtones stack and the basket is a light green from Paper Trey Ink.  I can't remember the offical color but it looks like a seafoam green to me. lol  Here is the SU poka dot paper, isn't it so cute?!  And it is double sided! Love double sided paper.


Here are my berries cut out.  Now I'm ready to score and assemble.


I scored on the score line which I am please to say are very tiny. Here's what my berry looks like after scoring it.


Next I used a generous amount of hemp to tie my berry together.




Now it is time to put the leaf cap on the berry.  I ran my twine up through the leaf cap and then threaded a white button (to mimic the blossom on the berry, yes I know they aren't there once there is a berry, but thought it was a cute addition) and tied a bow.


Here is my cute little basket with my cute little berries.  Isn't it just the sweetest?!!  I added a tag to my basket using a die and stamp set from My Creative Time.



As always I hope that me and my design sisters help to inspire you to get crafty!  Happy crafting!












1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is the cutest thing. Your berries and basket have convinced me I must have this cart. It is going on my cart wish list for sure. TFS.
dmcardmaker (email follower)

Post a Comment